
Thanks Ma$e.
With both Gayo and I in the real world (well Gayo's in the real world, I'm basically like a 5th year senior at PC) we figured it was time to revitalize the blog. Kinda give our take on some things since most of our days are spent with us grinding it out and trying to make some jokes 140 characters at a time.
Probably watch this:
Anyway my first post back would be to talk about the Patriots parade that happened today. Now I know what you're thinking, "oh great, not another Boston sports discussion." It's not like that. If anything, living in New York for four years will help you balance out and become a more rational human being and look at sports as what they are, a recreation.
Now that's not to say I don't care as much as I used to, that is far from the being the case.
Watching the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year was extra special, especially for my favorite player, Tom Brady.
But I'm really here to talk about the parade. With all the snow that fell in Boston this past week, it was really looking like this parade was going to be a disaster. With the city lacking space as it is, I was worried that people were not going to be able to show up for a team that deserved to have a memorable parade, but thankfully I was dead wrong.
That's the thing that many people around the country don't understand about us New England sports fans. We're loyal. We care. Yes, we have been able to experience an incredible run by our sports teams (9 titles in 14 years, 3 in the last 4) but that does not mean we are not able to enjoy them for what they are. Each one means something to us, and this one was no different. People really rallied around this team this year. Deep down, New Englanders have a chip on our shoulders, and it was prevalent this year when everyone assumed Tom Brady was cooked. For him to prove them wrong and win his 4th Super Bowl trophy, making him virtually the greatest QB of all time (at the very worst, top-2), was nothing short of special.
Sure, we may be spoiled, but we are thankful of our teams for providing us with so many memories, and today those fans showed their appreciation and support.
Okay I don't know how to end blogs. So that was it. I got a C+ in Academic writing freshman year, can't you tell? I'm awful. Pretty sure that made no sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment